CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My little girl is growing up....


After our big weekend, we followed it up with an 18 month visit to the pediatrician. While I was looking forward to going and finding out how much she had grown and gained, I wasn't looking forward to the 4 vaccinations were we gonna have to get.

They measured and weighed her and she had grown nearly an inch, she's now 31 1/2 inches and gained 1.5 lbs and is now topping the scales at 19.4 lbs. So, she weighs just a little more than her age...she'll be 18 months on Friday....the past 6 months have gone by way to fast. I wish I could freeze time and keep her this little forever.

While she is growing and gaining, she is still small by the charts, but the dr is very happy with her progress. She also said that Jetta is doing very well in the way of learning and development, which again makes me very happy.

Once we got all that out of the way, it was time for the vaccinations. Of course the first one wasn't bad, but the final 3 caused a bit of trauma. However, as soon it was over, I scooped her up, cuddled her and within a minute or so she was fine. She was a real trooper. Of course, I'm sure it helped that I had promised her pumpkin bread from Starbucks. So, as promised we stopped on our way home and she barely ate two bites and she was out. Fortunately she has not been crabby or running a fever from the vaccinations, so short of the boo-boo of the stick, she is doing great. Short of going back for the second dose of the flu vaccine, we are now good until her 2 year visit.

This picture is from a few weeks back, but I absolutely love it and think she looks so adorable, that I wanted to share it. Its so hard to believe that just 6 short months ago we brought her home and she was a baby and today, she is a toddler. I am so grateful to have her in my life and couldn't imagine my life any other way. She has been such a blessing and has brought me more joy that I could have ever anticipated.

1 comments:

Penny said...

What an adorable picture and so glad the vaccinations are now out of the way. She is such a tough little one and so glad things go quickly for her to put trauma out of her mind. Hugs to you both and we are all so lucky to have this precious little one to brighten each day.