CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cupcake Caper.....

This is great.....on Saturday I was baking cupcakes for a friends baby shower on Sunday. I had tried a new recipe to make them and with that you don't need to fill the cups as full as you would normally. So, by the time the first batch was done, the cupcakes were completely over the top of the pan. So, with that, I had extras. Once I got completely done, I picked out the 40 or so cupcakes I was gonna need for the shower and had the others sitting on the edge of the kitchen island.

I was mixing up the frosting and getting ready to decorate them. Prior to getting started I had given Jetta a small taste of the cupcakes and she just smiled and said "yum". It was very cute. So, as I began to frost the cupcakes that I planned to use, Jetta was off to the side of the island playing in the lid drawer (which she absolutely loves). Then she decided to open the other drawers and found the pasta spoon (the one that you can pull spaghetti out of the water and it will drain itself off). Next thing I know, all I see over the edge of the counter (near the cupcakes) is the pasta spoon swinging around, in an attempt to snag a cupcake. I just looked over at her and asked her, are you trying to get a cupcake and in her sweet little voice she said "yah". I just died laughing.

So, Shannon came into the kitchen and I pointed over and he looked and there she was back at it, trying to get a cupcake. So, he went and grabbed the camera and took this short video. It is so cute, I just had to share.

The bummer part is, she never did get one, but had she snagged one, I surely would have let her have it. I was just very surprised at the thought process that went into the whole thing....hmm, there are cupcakes on the counter and I can't reach them, but mom let me taste them before and they sure were good, I think I need to find something to try to get one of them....oh wait, here's a tool and it will reach high enough for me to try.......oh, so close, darn it, busted. You could just see the little wheels turning. Definitely a priceless moment and hence the post....cupcake caper.




2 comments:

The Humbles said...

So Funny!!!

Penny said...

Now how cute is that and just think she had it figured out that she could possibly reach it with that tool. Amazing she is for sure. Would of been fun to have her snag one to see the look on her face.