CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Heading back to work....







Well, my time off is coming to an end. Today is officially my last day before I head back to work. I am so grateful to have had this time, I think it was good for both Jetta and I. Jetta continues to change everyday (I'm going to include a picture from Gotcha Day and a recent picture - just to see how much she has changed in such a short time) and has adjusted very well. While she definitely has become a mamma's girl, I think she will do very well with Aunt Lori and Carrie and Elise (thanks to both of you for agreeing to take care of my precious gem and making this much easier). Last week she spent a few hours with Aunt Lori while I went into St. Louis and she did very well. I'm not looking forward to going back and only getting to see her a few hours a day, but am also ready to get back into a normal routine. The time off is more of a fairytale, but it one that I have enjoyed very much and know I will continue to enjoy it, just in a different way. The one thing I know for sure, I will be looking forward to Friday's now more than ever!

Just a recap since we got her.....she attached to both Shannon and I very well in China, she has gotten two more teeth and lets us brush her teeth, she had her 1st birthday, got her 1 year pictures taken, her ears pierced, her hair trimmed, is starting to walk very well, is eating on her own (thank you Dora!!!), has gained a little more than a pound (since she seems to be an endless pit - the girl can eat), can say....ba ba, ma, ma (which was one of her very first words), oh, oh, bye, bye, hi and makes many other sounds, started going to the Little Gym, spent time with her grandparents and of course gotten spoiled rotten. I'm sure there are many other things that have happened, but those are some of the really big things. She has mainly facial expressions, you never know what one she'll give you and plenty of sounds. I think once she starts to talk, she will be very animated and have plenty to say. She has been an amazing addition to my life and can't even imagine life without her. The 3 year wait was definitely worth it (not that I have forgotten about it) and am glad that China picked her for us.

Tomorrow she will spend the whole day with daddy and will get to attend her first Cardinals game. I can't wait....we got her a jersey and she looks adorable. It is Ralcorp night at the ballpark and I was lucky enough to win an extra ticketl. So, Shannon will watch Jetta all day and then they will join me at the game. Wednesday will be her first day away from both of us and will be with Carrie and Elise. I am already looking forward to getting home to her Wednesday night.
I may not post as often since I'm heading back tow ork, but will still post when time permits. As always, thanks to all of you for following along and your continued support. I look forward to sharing more of her milestones with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is changing fast and time will fly by quicker than you ever could dream. Kisses to all.

Jennifer said...

Just take it one day at a time and you will both be fine.What a cutie!

JEN S