CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

First Mother's Day....


I finally am able to post, so I will probably be posting several different things, so I can try to get caught up. First order of business however is posting about my first Mother's Day. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out better than I could have ever expected. First, I got to sleep in, which as any new parent knows, that is pretty rare. So, just that alone made the day great. However, waking up and seeing my beautiful daughter's face made me realize what it's all about. It was strange to know that I finally got to celebrate Mother's Day, as it had been a long time coming. Once I got up, Shannon and Jetta brought me out a card. Shannon signed it, but let Jetta give it to me. He sat her down next to me and she handed it to me. My heart just swelled up, just seeing her sitting there and being able to realize this long awaited dream. I opened the card and it was very nice. Then Shannon came over to me and took a couple of red pouches from his pants pocket. I wasn't sure what were in them, but knew they were from China. So, once he handed them to me, I opened them. The first one was for me and it was a necklace that had the Chinese character for mother on it and the second was a necklace for Jetta that had the Chinese character for daughter. By this time, I was crying. I was so happy with the gift, as it was something he and Jetta went shopping for while we were in China and he had held onto it for the two months since we'd been home (which for him is huge, as he always just gives me gifts and then on the day I don't get anything). I gave both him and Jetta a huge hug and was so thankful for the thoughtfulness of the gift and the gift of my daughter. While I thought of her birth mother and hoped that she was not to sad on this day, but was also grateful for her gracious gift and her willingness to let her beautiful daughter go and allow her to have a better life than what she could provide. I will forever be grateful to her and in my heart thank her with more than words can say for the beautiful gift she has given me. I know this is the first of many Mother's Day's to come, but I will remember this one forever. Not to mention, I think it will be really hard for Shannon to outdo himself, as him thinking of me while we were in China and giving me something so special, will be hard to top. However, he still will need to try....lol! I'll post a picture of the card and the necklaces. I wear mine everyday, but unfortunately Jetta can't wear hers yet, as it's a bit to big. I'm so excited for the day when we both can wear them and know that they were special gifts from China.

1 comments:

Penny said...

What a sweet thing for Shannon to do, and how thoughtful. They are beautiful and such a wonderful piece to have for the rest of your lives. And Jetta will soon grow into hers also and you both will wear them with pride.