CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just one more day...

In 24 hours we'll be on our way to the American Consulate to complete the Visa ceremony and that will make all of this final. Once the ceremony is over we will head over the train station and head back to HK for our final night in China. We are more than ready to come home.

We have enjoyed our time here, but are very ready to get home and start our lives with her in our house.

Today I had to go to the American Consulate to complete one final form, as one of the forms I brought with me was not a signed and notarized original. Fortunately we were just able to go to the Consulate, spend a few hours waiting and complete the form. Once that was complete, we were able to head back to the hotel. The traffic was crazy today and it took us about 45 mins to make the drive.

Since I had to go the Consulate and it was going to be a long morning, daddy and Jetta stayed at the hotel. Their first real time alone. It went well, dadyy was able to get her down for her nap, but she seemed very excited to see me when I came back and kept following me around the room and wanting me to pick her up. She is such a good baby.

I think tonight we may head back to Shamian Island one last time, but then tomorrow will finish packing and get ready to leave. We'll head back to HK and the Disney hotel and then get up early and head to the airport. While I'm looking forward to getting home, I'm not looking forward to the 14 hour plane ride with Jetta, but she has been so good, I don't know that we'll have much trouble.

Well, I have a fussy baby, who is ready to get moving....she loves to be on the go....so, I'm gonna close for now and will try to post before we leave.

Love to all.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Glad you have had such a wonderful journey but as you say it is going to be good to come home and get your lives started here in your own home and get Jetta accustomed to her new surroundings. She is such a great baby and will soon know that this is home.
We here are anxious for you to come home also, and hope the flight goes well and you all will be safe for your return home. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations .... you have a beautiful daughter .... I have really enjoyed following your blog...it has brought back some wonderful memories of our time in China last year. I hope you will enjoy your precious angel as much as we are enjoying our Mei-Li... every day is a new adventure!!! Good luck and safe travels...maybe we will bump into you at Wal-Mart sometime!!

Cheri Hunt