CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 2....

Well, we still are in love. She is amazing and so sweet and happy. Well, at least until I decide to take a fall, twist my ankle and drop her on the ground. Yep, we just got done telling the Cival Affairs people we would not harm her and I got and drop her. We stopped at a local supermarket and once we were done shopping, several of us ran up to Starbucks. As we were heading back to the bus, I missed a curb and down we went. I think Shannon caught her before she hit the ground. She did cry, but for just a minute and doesn't seem to be hurt at all. She's a real trooper. My foot, on the other hand, well, I guess we'll see how it goes. I just think it's a really bad sprain.

Other news....she slept all night for us last night, we put her down at 8:30 and she woke up around 6:15. It takes her a bit to wake up (kind like her mommy), but she is a real cuddle bug while she's waking up, which is perfectly fine with me.

She has taken 3 bottles and has had a couple of wet diapers...nothing solid yet, but that is to be expected. Hopefully that will still happen today.

Thanks for all the great comments, we think she's adorable too....we are so in love. I can't wait to get her home and for all of you to meet her.

I'm gonna close for now, as we're meeting everyone in the lobby in 5 mins to head to Shamian Island to do a little shopping and to have dinner. I'm taking a taxi, while everyone else walks. Figure I need to save my foot for shopping vs walking to the island. So, I'll post again soon.

Love to everyone!

10 comments:

The Tremont Scott's said...

Take care of that foot, mama! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse for you, and hopefully it will start feeling better soon. Jetta is beautiful, enjoy this unhurried time with her in China, away from home and work obligations!

Hugs,
Lisa S

Penny said...

Sorry you fell and hope you aren't in to much pain and hope that it will heal fast, and so glad no one got badly hurt. I am so happy Jetta is a trooper and that she is such a happy baby too. Just waiting to see her and sending all our love. Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! I can't wait until she is here! Take care of your foot. When my moms friend recently went to pick up her adopted son from Russia, she fell and broke her foot! It must be a curse! Let us know if you need anything!

Carrie, Justin and Elise

Anonymous said...

Only your luck! Take care and enjoy every minute.
Linda

Jill said...

Janet, Jetta is a doll... she has the biggest eyes......so cute.... congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful! congratulations! i can't wait to see her! take care!
Lori K.

Anonymous said...

I am just so happy for your family Janet. You really did hit the jackpot with that gorgeous little girl. What a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

OH MY she is gorgeous! I am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

She is so precious!
Terry

Penny said...

Just me checking in to see how things are going today. hope your foot feels better and that you are doing alright. Hugs to you all.