CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Jetta turns 2!





































This past Thursday was Jetta's 2nd birthday. It is hard to believe that she is already turning 2. The last year has gone by way to fast. However, she is getting so big and talking so much, she is alot of fun.

Since Thursday was her birthday, we actually celebrated on Saturday. It was a very busy week for me, I spent most evenings shopping, preparing, decorating, etc., as I wanted it to be perfect. I'm sure friends, cake and presents would have been plenty for Jetta, but since she didn't really understand what it was all about on her first birthday, I wanted this one to be extra special.

So, I decided I was going to do a Mickey Mouse theme and Mickey Mouse it was. As many of you know, I am a huge Mickey Mouse fan, so I had alot of stuff to help the theme along. There were plenty of Mickey decorations, but we also had Mickey Mouse themed food. Fortunately, I was able to shop for much of the stuff I needed while we were in Disney, as it made it much easier.

She had 5 friends over and she was excited to see all of them. At first she wasn't quite sure to think of them being in her house, but soon warmed up. As I took her downstairs, she finally got to see all the decorations, her new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tent and everyone who came to share in her special day.

We all ate and then it was time for cake and presents. She was very excited with her cake and even helped blow out the candles. As Daddy and Grandma Vaughn cut cake, Jetta decided to help herself and dug in with a spoon, very cute. Once we all enjoyed some cake and ice cream, it was present time.

Her friend Ava helped her open her gifts and they seemed to have alot of fun. Jetta loved all her presents. Once we finished that, it was time to play and play they all did. They played themselves out. It was nearly 7:30 when everyone left and Jetta was exhausted, but had a very good day. I know this cuz she fell asleep almost immediately, and when we went to move her, she was talking in her sleep and she said "Ava", so I know she was dreaming about the day and what a good time she had.
It was another very special day for me, as now I have had her for than a year and have got to spend many special holidays, day, etc with her and now can just look forward to all the rest that are to come. Also, thanks to my very special friend Jen who came over early that day and helped me prepare alot of the food...you're the best, I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jetta!

Love,
Ava and Elise's Grandma Mona

Carrie Burk said...

Happy Birthday Jetta bean! Elise was sad that she missed your birthday but was happy that Ava could attend. Elise talks about you daily and loves to look at pictures of you. She can't wait to see you in July. She misses you like crazy...as do I! Love and miss you.

Elise and Carrie

Anonymous said...

Carrie...thanks for the bday wishes. I know Jetta misses you guys too and will be very excited to see you in July. She and Ava had a great time, Ava wore Jetta out.

We miss you guys too...

Mona..thanks for the bday wishes for Jetta.

NaiNai Alexander said...

Happy Birthday and Easter sorry I missed them,but you were always in my thoughts. There is something for you in the mail. Hope to see you soon! Love NaiNai Alexander and Grandpa Alexander