CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things I'm thankful for.....

While I'm a few days behind in my posts, I wanted to post a few things. The first....the things I am thankful for. I'm thankful for my family, my health, my wonderful friends and my daughter. While I have always been thankful for the first things I noted, I finally have been blessed this year with Jetta and being able to say that I'm thankful for her and her being chosen for us. She is an amazing little girl and am so grateful for being given the opportunity to be her mom. I always wanted to be a mom, but never knew just how rewarding and fulfilling it would be. While she has only been a part of my life for the past 9 months, she has been in my heart for years.

During the years that we waited, I often thought about what things would be like once we had her, and couldn't wait to share special moments with her. Her first birthday, her first tooth, Easter, Christmas, just to name a few and so far each of them have been as special as I had imagined, but so much more enjoyable having her here to share the moments with. I'm looking very forward to Christmas this year and can hardly wait to watch her open her gifts and to see the excitement on her face. She may not fully comprehend the concept, but she has already shown great excitement when she sees the lights and decorations when we've been out.

This past weekend we decorated a little bit outside and she was out there to help us. I decorated the front banister and Shannon put some lights along the sidewalk and Jetta had to give her daddy the stakes to put up the lights. It was very cute and she was such a big help. We hope to get a tree this week and look forward to her helping us decorate that and her reaction once it's all done.

As I sit here and type this, she is standing on her little pink stool, watching me type, holding onto my arm and jabbering away. She just got a bath and smells just like a baby, I just love that smell and listening to her jabber in my ear. While its hard to concentrate and type, she makes me smile, rather laugh and that is all I need at the end of a long day. Her sweetness is infectious and no matter what the day hands me, she makes it all better. Just seeing her and listening to her makes my day complete.

On that note, I probably should sign off for now, as it is her bedtime and we have books to read and cuddling left to do before we call it a night. So, as I started this off.....these are just some of the things I'm thankful for, as the list could go on and on, as I have been very fortunate to be given many blessings in my life. Thanks to all of you who are a part of my life and for all that you do for me....I can never thank each of you enough. My love to you all.

1 comments:

Penny said...

We love you and so glad things have come out the way they have with Jetta. She is so very precious and has surely been blessed with a great mom.