CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our trip to KC....
















This past weekend we traveled to Kansas City to meet Grandma and Grandpa Peters. We spent Thankgiving with my friend Tiffany's family, which was a great time. Her family has been very kind to us and make us feel like family....thanks to all of you for your graciousness.

While we kicked off the Thanksgiving weekend with friends, we finished it out with family. As I said earlier, we traveled to Kansas City to meet Grandma and Grandpa Peters. We figured it was a good opportunity for us to be able to spend some time together for the holidays. It pretty much is half way for each of us when it comes to driving this allows us to travel with Jetta. Jetta is not quite ready for drives longer than about 5 hours, as her patience wears thin after that and that makes travel a bit more difficult.

We got in late afternoon on Friday, met at the hotel and then headed out for a little shopping and dinner. Grandma and Grandpa got to enjoy Jetta and spoil her a little bit more. On Saturday we got up early and headed to Topeka to go to Disney on Ice. My mom has always wanted to see them and I figured it was the perfect opportunity to go. I was hoping Jetta would enjoy it, as I wasn't sure since she is still young, but to my surprise, she sat on my lap for the whole show....which was about an hour and a half. She really seemed to enjoy whenever Mickey and Nemo came onto the ice and she loved all the bright colors. It was a bit loud, and she covered her ears most of the time, but managed to uncover them at just all the right times to clap. I think both Grandma and Jetta enjoyed the show, I know I did. It was really good and would expect nothing less from Disney.

After the show we just hung out for a couple more hours and then decided we would all start to make our way back home. One of the reasons for the trip was for us to exchange our Christmas gifts and exchange we did. Grandma and Grandpa came with a car full of gifts for Jetta. We weren't sure we were gonna have enough room to bring them all home! Once we got home we unloaded all of them and since we don't have a tree up yet, we put them on a chair and Jetta has been very curious and has managed to tear the corners off a few of the packages. I keep going over and retaping them, but it just makes me wonder just how much fun it will be to watch her unwrap them come Christmas morning.

So, we had a great weekend filled with friends and family and am really looking forward to Christmas and all the joy it will bring. I'm gonna post a few pics from Disney on Ice...hope you enjoy them. Now, I really must go, as it's past Jetta's bedtime, but I wanted to get caught up on posts.

1 comments:

Penny said...

This was such an awesome weekend for us too, and seeing how Jetta has grown and changed and the excitement of her seeing Disney was so cute. Her little claps at the different times, and the smile when she would see certain characters was so fullfilling. We enjoyed the trip tremendously and so glad we can do this. Time spent with Janet and Jetta are so great. We love you both very much.