CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jetta's visit with Santa Claus


Well, I've been waiting to post this, as the picture I'm gonna post is the picture that we used for our Christmas card. However, it seems that snail mail is in full force and most of the people we have sent cards to have yet to receive them. Shannon mailed them last week and only one or two people have gotten them. I'm not sure why and I promise all of you, I have sent cards. I just hope they eventually show up.

Anyway.....Jetta's first visit with Santa went well. We were out at the Mills mall right before Thanksgiving and they already had Santa there. Since there wasn't a line, we thought we'd give it a shot. The elves who were helping Santa were very good and allowed Shannon and I to sit next to Santa to give Jetta some comfort. Santa asked Jetta for a high five and she gave it to him and then he gave her a candy cane. She seemed to warm to him rather quickly, so as soon as I thought she would be alright, I slipped her onto his lap and they began taking pictures. Fortunately they were able to capture some good shots. Then as we took her from Santa she just looked at him and smiled and said "bye, bye".

As we started to look at the pictures they took, my eyes filled with tears, as this is just one of many moments I have dreamed about for years. It was even better than I had ever imagined it. The smile on her face just made my heart swell with joy. I hope you enjoy the picture as much as I do. Check out Santa...isn't he amazing...he almost made me believe again.

While Christmas is still 10 days away, I'm looking forward to it for the first time in years. Jetta has a ton of gifts under the tree and her curiousity is precious. From time to time she makes her way over to the tree and manages to pick up a gift or two and tries to open them. She has managed to tear several ends off and I keep re-taping them shut. I can barely wait to watch her open all of her gifts. She has so many great expressions and is full of surprise. I'll definitely post after we open gifts.

So for now, I'm gonna go, as it's fast approaching her bedtime and time for reading, but wanted to post this and hope all of you enjoy the picture.

4 comments:

Penny said...

She sure looks happy and so glad she got along so well but she is such a people person I had hopes she would do well. The picture is absolutely adorable and will await the card. Who knows where the mail may take it. So thanks for posting this and hugs and love coming your way.

Nai-Nai Alexander said...

We just received our card today. As usual she is the most precious gift of all. I feel so blessed this christmas and i want to say we love you all. Grandma and Grandpa Alexander

The Humbles said...

So sweet! I got my card!

Anonymous said...

Jetta-bug. Nai Nai wants to thank you for the most precious christmas gift anyone could have received. I love you very much and cant wait to see you all. Love Nai Nai Alexander