CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

No more ba, ba.....

That's right no more ba, ba (aka the bottle) for Jetta. We have been bottle free for nearly 10 days now. The first few days she was a bit resistant, but then finally decided that taking milk from a sippy wasn't so bad. She even has started to drink from a straw and seems to like that. Also, if you help her, she can drink from a regular cup. So, now that we have the ba, ba out of the way, things are much easier. She is such a big girl and can't believe how far she has come in the past almost 5 months. I look forward to every day with her, just to see what new thing she will say or do.

Her latest word is "morrow"....for "see you tomorrow". Last Thursday when I picked her up from Carrie's, I told her, tell Carrie you'll see her tomorrow and as plain as day, she said "morrow". Both Carrie and I just looked at each other and laughed. When she speaks it's so clear and think within the next few weeks she'll be saying even more. At this point she is saying about 20 words, which I think is pretty darn good, considering just a few months ago she had never heard English. I think once she does start talking we're going to be in trouble, cuz she loves to talk now and she isn't even saying much, so once she figures out how to actually tell you what she's thinking....oh boy!

I'm so grateful China chose her for us, she is so amazing and makes my life complete. I never knew being a parent could be so wonderful, but am glad that I waited and she was chosen for me. Adoption is life's miracle to a family!

2 comments:

penny said...

She has certainly progressed as we can see on the sky cam when we watch her and listen she is doing so well. She is going to be so smart and thankfully she has such a wonderful family to teach her all the great things too. Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks as she has grown so much since I was there.

penny said...

Also congrats to her on the no more bottle as that is one great step.