CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Long Wait

On Friday December 26th, we saw on RQ (Rumor Queen) that a rumor was out there that was saying the 28th of February was going to be the cut-off. Although, we already knew we would be next, since the last cut-off was the 23rd of February and we were the 24th. However, finally seeing it in writing was very exciting.

However, it got more exciting on Monday the 29th of December. When I got into work, I checked RQ as always and to my sheer surprise she was posting that Europe was starting to receive calls for referrals! I could barely believe it. However, one of my good friends called me at 9:00 that morning and asked if I was ready because the 29th or 30th would be the day that we would finally see our daughter. I could hardly believe it. Needless to say, I was not very productive at work either day.

By the end of the day Monday, several of my travel mates had already gotten the call, but I was still waiting. Finally, as I was leaving work, I received that call from my social worker telling me that in fact we had a referral. I could hardly stop shaking. I headed for the bus and could not wait to tell them my news. It was great to finally be able to say "We have a baby".

At that point I didn't have any details, but by the time I got back to my car and started home, I called my social worker and she said she had the details. I was trying to drive and write all at the same time. But finally, I knew her name, her birthday and where she was born.

When I got home, I could barely wait to tell Shannon and couldn't believe it was finally happening. Our social worker sent us a small picture and some brief medical information. It was great to see even a small picture. I don't think I could wipe the smile off my face. But, now we had to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a very big day!

0 comments: