CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 2 and we FINALLY have a baby!

It was finally Tuesday morning and I could not believe that I was waking up for the first time as a mommy! Wow, that has a great ring to it. I managed to get myself ready and head to work. When I got there, all my co-workers were asking if I heard anything and I said, I had a few details, but would know more later that day. Around 10:00 my my social worker called and said she didn't have anything more, but that we could meet in Shiloh at the Bread Co. at 4:00 p.m., to go over all the details and to finally see her face. She called me back a little bit later and asked if I minded if she sent me her pics since we couldn't meet until later that day....my response was "I think that is the silliest question I have heard today" and she laughed and said "they are on the way". I patiently (yeah right) waited for the email to come in. And there it was....the email that had our first pictures of our daughter....I was shaking so bad and opened them immediately and began to cry....the first time, cuz now it was finally real. I could barely stand it and had to go and gather my co-workers, interrupting them and all. They came over and all crowded around my computer and we all looked together. They couldn't say enough about her and how cute she is. I immediately emailed them to Shannon and he wasn't at work yet....he called as soon as he saw her face and I could tell was in love. I could hardly wait for the day to end and to be able to tell the world.

So, it's with great pleasure that I announce to our daughter Jia Jia Xu born on March 25, 2008 in Guangdong province. As most of you already know we have chosen to name her Jetta Nicole, which depending on which book you look at, it's an Asian decent name and means Precious Gem and that is exactly what she is to us. We are absolutely in love and can't wait to go and meet her.

0 comments: