CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Making cupcakes....









Jetta made cupcakes for Valentines day to take to daycare and wanted to help from start to finish. As I posted a few posts ago, she is quite the helper. She loves to help whenever she can. Whenever I'm cooking, she wants to pour in whatever she can, stir whenever she in can and just help however she can. Of course I let her help if she can, but I also have to remind her that the stove is hot and that she must be careful.

However, when it came to making cupcakes, I figured, she could help quite a bit and it wouldn't hurt anything, unless an eggshell landed in the mix and we could always fish that out - so let her bake away.

So, I sent her to her room to get her apron, which she gladly did and out she came, already with it on, just needing me to tie it and she was ready to go. So, we started the process and without much incident. I even let her hold the mixer (assisted of course) and she did a pretty good job. She is definitely in that independent stage, until she tires and then she's done. She of course had fun, but was the happiest once she found out, that once you get done mixing it all up, you get to lick the mixer and then she was ready to make more!

Now it was time to put the mix in the cups, which she eagerly placed in the muffin pan and did a good job. Now it was time to bake them and wait. Well, that was another story - waiting is not her best attribute. Patience is something I think we'll need to work on. I think it will be best summed up by a couple of the pictures Shannon took - I'll let you insert your own caption.

Anyway, all in all the event was a success and I think she had fun. She took them the next day and they were a hit and when I picked her up that night, she was very excited to tell me how they were all gone. So, I think she was excited about that.

So, here are some pics from her Better Crocker day!

2 comments:

Grandma Peters said...

Now that is a good thing to see as her Grandma likes to bake too. Good for her and she looks so cute in her little apron and she looks like she is quite the helper. Grandma is very proud of her. Love you little girl.

Grandma Alexander said...

I can't wait to try some of those delicious looking cupcakes. Maybe you can send me some soon! See you soon my beautiful bugbug. Love you lots.