CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Multi-purpose Tree Skirt....



This year decorating the tree brought about a whole new meaning to decorating. Me being me, and me being OCD and having to have everything on the tree just right, having a 2+ y/o, well that wasn't going to happen the way it used to.

My first concern was, is the tree going to stay in an upright position. You would have thought we had a cat in the house, because Jetta was completely enamored with the tree and pulling on the branches. When we first brought it home and put it up, she kept wanting to pull on the branches and give me the needles. After getting sap on her hands, oh a hundred times, she finally lost interest in that.

Then it came time to start decorating. We put the lights and garland on first and that was all we had on for a couple of days. She thought that was very pretty and decided to take a few swipes at it with one of her toys, just to watch them swing. I thought to myself, maybe this is all the more we should decorate this year, as the ornaments we have are glass...yep glass and those won't just swing! As we started to take on that adventure she kept wanting to hand me the ornaments. Shannon would slowly hand them to her and tell her to give them to mommy and she would, only to tell me, mommy put it here and she would attempt to hang it and I would have to quickly grab it before it would fall to the floor, since it was not hanging on anything.

By now I was stressed, so we just started to give her the smaller, plastic ones that we have and the bows. She was very cute, but it was very stressful. Each time I would put something on, she would tell me "good job mom". I guess she got that from me, cuz when we read at night and do flash cards, I always tell her good job. Sometimes she wants to be a big girl and do both parts, mine and hers all by herself, so she'll do the flash card, say what it is, lay it down and tell herself, good job...it's very cute.

So, fortunately, without incident we got the tree all decorated and put our Santa on top. She was very excited. The only thing left was to dig out the tree skirt. So, I pulled it out and laid it on the floor. I guess it caught her attention. I left the room and came back in and there she was, all in her glory, she had it all unfolded and around her neck like a cape, dancing around with it, telling me, "look mommy, I'm Cinderella". So, precious. I just smiled and told her to let me tie it on her. Needless to say, Shannon hurried off to get the camera. So, she just smiled and said cheese. She kept taking it off and asking me to tie it back on. So, that is why I titled this....multi-purpose tree skirt, cuz now I will never be able to look at that tree skirt again without remembering the year she picked it up and put it on and danced like Cinderella!

These are the memories that I will never forget and what Christmas is truly about...not all the presents, not all the hustle and bustle. I can't wait for Christmas morning and hopefully a few more Christmas memories.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay! Its time she quits growing. It seems like she's grown a foot since i last saw her. I hope christmas is a wonderful and joyous day for all of you. I hope to see you all soon! Hugs and kisses! Grandma Alexander

Anonymous said...

Santa has checked the list and it has been confirmed that Jetta Nicole has been a very good girl. I am sure you will have a wonderful Christmas Jetta-Bug! HO-HO-HO! Santa Claus

Anonymous said...

Just can't get enough! The Christmas card was beautiful. I can never have enough pictures. Hint! See you soon cow princess. Love Grandma Alexander

Mom said...

She is so very talented to think of using the skirt as a cape, how cute is that, and yes she is our Cinderella and always will be. Glad she helped with the tree and she is going to be so excited on Christmas, love you all and have a great Christmas morning.

Mom said...

Well I know it took me a few days to get this read and looked at but we were on the road to come and surprise you for your Birthday and I didn't get a chance to check in here, until now. To be able to spend that precious time with you all it was great even a day is better than nothing and she is growing so fast and has changed so much, it just is amazing. I am so glad we got to come and spend the day. Love you all. Mom