CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just cuz....







I'm just posting these pics cuz Shannon took these last week and I just like the pics and wanted to share them. Plus I think it shows just how big she is getting. Or rather, just how much she is changing. Cuz, I really can't say she is getting big....she is still so itty bitty.

She is almost 2 1/2 and is still able to wear some 9 month shorts, mostly 12 months and figure once we start wearing pants, we'll have to wear 18 months only because we will need the length. As for shirts, she wears anything from 18 to 24 months, but nothing bigger. I finally bought her her first part of nsize 6 shoes, but she mostly wears size 5 - 5.5.

Yesterday we were at Kohls and they had their summer shoes on clearance and I was thinking I might buy her a pair for next summer and would possibly buy a size 7 and this lady was there with her son who just turned 2 in June, so he is 3 months younger than Jetta and he is already wearing a size 8 shoe and is almost out of that she said and he was inches taller and definitely heavier than her. I think she is just going to be small, which I am okay with.

I always laugh when I talk to people who have babies who are a year or close to that and we talk diaper sizes and they tell me their kids are wearing a size 3 or 4 already and I say Jetta wears a 3 and is nearly 2 1/2. They just look at me. I keep hoping that soon we don't have to have that conversation, that we can soon start on the potty training thing, as I truly thing she is ready, just is stubborn and doesn't want to. She will come in and say I gotta go potty and will sit on the potty but won't do anything. She has done it several times, go potty on the potty that is, she just isn't consistent. I figure she is still young and I'm not sure where I will find panties that small, so don't see the need to rush.

Other than that, she is doing great. Talking up a storm. Knows her abc's, can count to 20, has a very extensive vocabularly, knows most of her shapes, still working on colors....each and every day she amazes me. She is such a grown up girl, in such a little body.

Anyway, here are the pics. Hope you enjoy them. As always, thanks for following along.

2 comments:

mom said...

What a little dolly and such adorable facial expressions so anxious to come and spend sometime with you all.

Anonymous said...

Great pix and a nice write-up..Thanks for letting me share in Jetta's adventures in growing up...